CASA for Kids, Inc.
Flathead and Lincoln County
Job Description: Executive Director CASA for Kids, Inc.
(Flathead and Lincoln Counties)
The Executive Director of CASA is the overall leader of the organization and is accountable for providing strategic leadership and vision while overseeing the daily operations of the organization. The organization serves Flathead and Lincoln Counties. It is critical that the Executive Director establish and support the culture of CASA to enable the functions of the Staff, Peer Coordinators and Advocates to advocate for the needs of abused and neglected children in Flathead and Lincoln Counties. The Executive Director leads and directs financial activities to fund operating costs, maximize fund development, and increase efficiencies. The Executive Director elevates the organization’s funding network, establishes adequate operating reserves, and grows the endowment to assure the organizations sustainability in the long term. The Executive Director represents CASA at external events and with the media. They positively influence partners, the media and public policies to generate volunteers, donors and other resources.
- Bachelors or Masters Degree in nonprofit management, public administration, business management, or a field complementary to CASA’s mission.
- A minimum of five years leadership experience in non-profit administration, public administration, or business Management.
- A successful track record of managing teams and meeting or exceeding expectations while fulfilling an organization’s mission.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated experience in formulation and management of organizational budgets, with responsibility for budgets of increasing size and complexity.
Resource Development and Maintenance
Develop, expand and maintain a donor base and local revenue generating and fundraising activities to support existing program operations and program expansion.
Research and prepare grant proposals and other funding applications.
Leadership and Management
- Hire and supervise administrative and management staff.
- Establish a work environment and culture that promotes:
- teamwork and collaboration;
- staff engagement with the organization’s mission; and
- Employee, Advocate and Peer Coordinator retention;
- Implement an effective performance management system that includes accurate job descriptions, appropriate supervision and coaching, annual objectives and performance standards, annual evaluations, compensation reviews, and disciplinary actions as necessary.
- Staff development.
- Develop long-term strategies to meet organizational goals, financial targets, and programmatic goals and to meet requirements of National CASA and goals established by the Board of Directors.
Community and Public Relations
- Develop and implement a comprehensive public relations strategy in concert with the Board of Directors and staff. Build and maintain strong relationships with donors, community groups, stakeholders, and other partners who contribute to the mission of the organization.
- Approve all public relations materials distributed by CASA.
- Be available for public speaking engagements.
Board of Directors Liaison
- Attend all Board meetings and Board Committee meetings as requested.
- Oversee implementation of all Board directives, policies and procedures
- Keep Board apprised of program operations, changes and problems.
- Manage day to day fiscal operations.
- Review and approve all monthly and quarterly reports and documentation to substantiate those reports.
- Coordinate with Treasurer for submission of bills and expenditures for payment and accounting.
- Assist in developing annual budget.