CASA for Kids, Inc.
Flathead and Lincoln County
LINCOLN COUNTY PROGRAM COORDINATOR
The Program Coordinator provides professional staff support to CASA advocates, ensuring that children involved with the CASA program receive sound advocacy and early permanency planning. Support provided to CASA advocates will include advocate supervision, ongoing training and coordination of cases, conflict resolution and mediation. They assure case information is collected and properly maintained.
The Program Coordinator works in tandem with other CASA program staff and reports directly to the Lincoln County Program Director. The CASA for Kids, Inc. program is part of a National and State network of CASA GAL Advocacy Programs, as such all staff adhere to all National CASA, State CASA and Local CASA standards.
- Bachelor’s degree in social service-related field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience in the fields of social service, juvenile law, education and volunteer program management and/or case management preferred. Previous CASA experience is a plus.
- Ability to communicate with, supervise and empower advocates to be effective in their roles.
- Ability to work cooperatively with different types of personalities.
- Excellent conflict management skills.
- Ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality, in compliance with CASA standards, Montana statutes and HIPAA.
- Knowledge and understanding of issues and dynamics within families in crisis relating to child abuse and neglect given preference.
- Commitment to CASA’s goals and mission and a passion for the health and well-being of children.
- Strong computer and office skills. Proficient with Microsoft WORD and EXCEL.
- Attention to detail. Familiarity/experience with database’s a plus.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively as a team member.
- Availability for evening and weekend hours as needed.
- Enters and maintains case files in Optima* according to local and national program standards
- Manages case progress from referral to closing
- Supervises all casework and ensures volunteers are effectively advocating for children
- Distributes court reports to all parties
- Attends all case related hearings
- Initiates and maintains effective communication with other agencies and professionals
- Updates Program Director of case concerns and special issues
- Addresses concerns regarding child safety and policy compliance with urgency
- Identifies the need and provides coaching to volunteers to support effective advocacy
- Ensures volunteer entries in Optima* are timely and accurate
- Assists volunteers with the preparation of court reports and other communications
- Schedules and meets with volunteers throughout case
- Attends to special issues of each case and assists the volunteer in understanding the significance and implications of these issues
- Mediates and aids in conflict resolution as needed
- Actively participates in volunteer retention activities by promoting and attending trainings and other events
- Actively participates in Pre-Service training and the swearing-in of new volunteers
- Actively works to build and maintain positive relationships with community agencies and professionals and represents CASA for Kids in the community
- Maintains confidentiality of case and volunteer information at all times
- Participates as a team member to promote and raise awareness of CASA at fundraisers and other events
- Tracks and reports grant, program and volunteer data timely and accurately
- Ensures compliance with all local, state and national policies for child advocacy
- Assists in the ongoing development and implementation of CASA’s volunteer recruitment plan, including but not limited to:
- Contacting local businesses, service clubs, churches, and chambers of commerce to disseminate information regarding CASA’s volunteer opportunities.
- Collaborating with Community Events Coordinator to establish a speaking engagement and informational session calendar, in conjunction with our scheduled trainings.
- Responds to requests for information regarding volunteer opportunities and disseminates appropriate materials.
- Conducts screening and interviewing of prospective volunteers.
- Updates and maintains relevant data in volunteer/donor database.
- Develops and maintains relationships with current volunteers and assists in retention activities.
- Assists in organizing and coordinating volunteer recognition events.
- Assists in planning of local and regional fundraising events.
- Cultivates relationships with community and civic organizations and other prospective partners for the purpose of recruitment and awareness.
The Program Coordinator is hired by the Board of Trustees on the recommendation of the Lincoln County Program Director and the CASA for Kids, Inc. Executive Director. The Program Coordinator reports directly to the Lincoln County Program Director who is responsible for his/her performance evaluations.
*Optima is a CASA-specific database that new hire will be trained on.
Qualified candidates should send ONE pdf with cover letter and resume to Lincoln County CASA Program Director, Sean Carlin email@example.com
CASA for Kids, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and actively recruits, selects and promotes qualified employees and volunteers, broadly representative of the community served and administers its personnel practices without discrimination. CASA for Kids, Inc. prohibits harassment of one employee by another employee or supervisor. Discrimination on the basis of age, veteran status, sex, sexual orientation, race, color or ethnicity, nationality, disability, genetic information or religion, is prohibited in accordance with the Office of Civil Rights.
Job Type: Part-time with the possibility of becoming full-time
Pay: $14 to $16/hr DOE